Re: Comments on the constitution?

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> How about reversing the action: By default, there is an election, unless
> a reasonable, well-defined number of DD publicly state that they see no
> need for a re-election.

A variant on this that would not be susceptable to this:

> I think this works well unless we have the case of a strongly polarizing
> DPL, with a large number of supporters and possibly more opponents.

... Would perhaps be to have people state that they are only interested
in a pro-forma election. If there's a consensus that the current DPL is
well respected and should continue, then we could skip strawman
candidates, DPL platforms, Q&A sessions, etc. (If NOTA wins, the
consensus was false and we have to try again.)

--
see shy jo