Re: planet.debian.org is RC buggy (?)

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 17:56 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le samedi 27 mars 2010 à 13:39 +0100, Frank Lin PIAT a écrit :
> > DFSG / rc-buggy
> > ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
> > I consider blogs as non-free, proprietary material (a very few have a
> > proper license, the "distribution" media s*cks anyway).
> >
> > Breaks DFSG #1: A document (HowTo...) published on planet can't be
> > distributed in Debian main. Is this a problem?

> > The content isn't archived. Is this a problem? a feature?
>
> An alternative solution would be to index the contents and make the
> history searchable. I don’t think this requires any authorization if we
> don’t store the archived posts themselves, only permanent links to them.

Some valuable content vanish from homepages (same for people.d.o).

> Overall, I’m curious to why you are asking such questions as part of the
> DPL campaign. Do you feel the DPL should give have authority over what
> services *.debian.org provides? This would be way out of the
> Constitution.

I believe that DPLs should promote collaboration.

I personally believe that planet has many undesirable side effects,
especially on collaboration behavior.

Franklin

PS. No, I don't actually want to shut-down planet ;)
    No, I am not expecting people to put their opinions under DFSG or PD
    May be some content could be moved to collaborative media, bts, etc
    May be some "I am doing something" post could be turned into a news
    May be that allowing comments should be a best practice
    May be I am not keeping-up with my own standards, so should shut-up!