Re: Q for the Candidates: How many users?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:19 AM, Anthony Towns <aj@erisian.com.au> wrote:

> What's your estimate of the current number of Debian users?

Do "Debian" users include "Debian derivatives" users? :)

I think this question is indeed very tricky, and I don't see the point
of it being posted as a question during the "campaign" period.  How
can my estimation change your vote?

I certainly do believe that we have many more thank 90k users, and the
only reason that we don't count so many of them in popcon is that our
direct users get to choose whether they want to participate in popcon
or not, and many times they don't.

I'll refrain from estimating a number.  I'll just say that I plan to
work on making Debian more attractive to users, not by changing what
we do, but by trying to change how Debian is perceived to be (i.e. a
"difficult" distribution).

--
Besos,
Marga