Re: Q for all candidates: license and copyright requirements

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org> wrote:

> If I understand you correctly, you dissociate yourself from Charles's
> POV about what's part of Debian and thus what needs to be free according
> to DFSG. In another thread you said all other candidates are above NOTA
> for you.

Yes, that's correct.

> After reading a few very strong opinions about what Charles said earlier
> wrt source and binary packages, I suppose some of them (and maybe
> others) might find that a bit contradicting. Actually that's how I read
> KiBi's last mail in the "Who would you vote for" thread.

Yes, I was talking with KiBi about this on IRC just now.  I guess
there's not a clear position on what rating someone below NOTA really
means. I feel that rating someone below NOTA is not to be done
lightly, while other people probably feel it's a normal way of showing
you disagree.

> Would you mind commenting on that?

For me, rating someone below NOTA doesn't just mean "I wouldn't like
this person as DPL", it means "I wouldn't stay in Debian if this
person was elected".

Reviewing my past votes, only in 2006 and 2007 have I voted someone
below NOTA, and those were extreme cases where I felt very strongly
that a candidate might be damaging to the project.

KiBi's questioning, however, has made me think that maybe I was taking
the below/above NOTA to an extreme.

--
Besos,
Marga