Re: Question to all candidates: communication with the project [ Was: communication ]

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 11:16:41AM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> How, how often, and when do you intend to communicate with the project?
>
> In the past there have been "Bits from the DPL" emails which have been nice,
> but during the last couple of years there have also been some press
> interviews to the DPL and statements made which have come as a surprise to
> everybody. What do _you_ plan to do?

I've detailed this in my platform (which is in essence what I wrote in
my platform last year, so you might check that in the meantime). In
essence, I intend to provide a constant "feed" of DPL news in some
informal place (I'm still undecided on the technology: it can be a wiki
page a la wiki.d.o/DeveloperNews, a specific (micro)blogging feed, ...).

The feed will be frozen and sent to d-d-a _monthly_.

I'm very keen of this, at the point that:

1) If ever faced with the dilemma, I'll favor ditching some DPL duties
   and communicating about the others, than the other way around.

2) If I fail to freeze and post twice, I'll be ready to explain my
   failure to the project and ask for suggestions on how and if proceed
   for the rest of the term.

That might seem extreme, and probably is, but the DPL role is ultimately
about representing the project (internally and externally), and that
cannot work properly if the project doesn't know what the DPL is doing.
In fact, it is also possible that the DPL for some time will not be
doing anything (VAC? illness? whatever), but that should be inferrable
from the empty feed of news: "no news" should really mean "no activity".

Cheers.