Re: Supermajority first?

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 04:20:21PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Continuing discussions about the supermajority requirements before
> going to the firmware is probably not a bad idea.

I see the point of asking the supermajority vote to be dealt with
before voting on firmware.

However, I don't see it as necessary. The discussion about the issues
of supermajority was born from a ballot badly dealt with; the errors
of that ballot have already been acknowledged and is pointless to
reiterate here. Still, it is very well possible that we can, this
time, vote on the firmware issues without as many problems as before.

For instance, it would be very useful to know whether the current
secretary would consider Peter's proposal on firmware to require super
majority or not. If the secretary does _not_ think it will imply
supermajority, it would be pointless to delay the vote on the basis of
that.

So, Kurt, what's your take on it?

Cheers.