Re: GR proposal: Do not require listing of copyright holders

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 08:53:19PM -0400, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 16:09:43 +0000
> Sam Kuper <sam.kuper@uclmail.net> wrote:
>
> To be honest I think when it comes to copyright issue ftpmaster has the
> final say because they *personally* are the ones legally on the hook if
> something is wrong.  If I were an ftpmaster and thought I could get
> sued if I obeyed a GR, I would resign from the ftp team, and presumably
> you could lose the team that way, if it were over something that could
> cause legal action.

Frankly I have never seen any serious argument why the FTP masters would be
more likely to be sued that anyone else in Debian. I find that rather
far-fetched, but assuming this is the case, the answer is to restructure our
organization to avoid such liability.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.