Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

Manoj Srivastava dijo [Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 03:08:52PM -0500]:
> > I basically oppose such a GR, as it is is merely speculative (who
> > knows _now_ or at the GR voting time when we will be close to
> > achieving our release goals?), and because it is a ruling on a
> > technical subject (at least according to some metrics). But if the
> > vote were to be held at all, I would add:
> >
> >   6. The Debian project recognizes the responsible team to take any
> >      decisions regarding the freeze date and reach to be the Release
> >      Team, and accepts their best judgement in this regard.
>
>         Perhaps you should look at this less confrontationally. The vote
>  is a non-binding recommendation, it is an information gathering vote
>  where people provide feedback to the release team; by voting for the
>  option that best suits their development plans.
>
>         Based on the outcome, the release team can come to an *informed*
>  decision. By objecting to the vote, you might be making the tasks of
>  the release team harder, by denying them information from the project
>  at large.

It is not confrontational, as it has been pointed out by others
here. You might rephrase what I meant to say as:

    6. This particular developer knows there is more to a release than
       his personal (or particular group's) points of view, and
       acknowledges any decision put forward by the release team, as
       long as they listen to the project real concerns, will be
       better informed and, thus, better than any random date that
       might be pushed forward

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244