Re: Discussion: Possible GR: Enhance requirements for General Resolutions

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

> * Ben Finney [Fri, 02 Jan 2009 09:17:28 +1100]:
>
> > > You should not write options you are not going to rank first,
> > > because the people who do care about that option winning should
> > > get to decide what's the wording that reflects their complete
> > > opinion and concerns.
>
> > The people who do care about such an option winning have at least
> > as much freedom to decide as they did before the option was
> > proposed. They can decide whether they want to propose their own
> > wording, or to second the wording as already proposed, or anything
> > else.
>
> No. In my opinion, an option in the ballot is (should be) a very
> scarce resource.

Agreed. I don't see what in my position you're disagreeing with, but
I'm likewise no longer interested in this side discussion as I feel
it's already resolved a few days ago. We can leave it here.

--
 \     “It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to |
  `\    persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” —Carl |