Re: Discussion: Possible GR: Enhance requirements for General Resolutions

* Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> [090101 23:36]:
> > The people who do care about such an option winning have at least as
> > much freedom to decide as they did before the option was proposed.
> > They can decide whether they want to propose their own wording, or to
> > second the wording as already proposed, or anything else.
>
> No. In my opinion, an option in the ballot is (should be) a very scarce
> resource. Like you would in a situation of limited water supply in a
> boat shared with friends, you should act responsibly and not consume one
> unit unless painstakingly necessary.

I massively disagree here. An option on an ballot is there to allow the
voters to express what should be done. Without this it just ends up in
a "who suggested something in that direction first" play. We don't need
condorcet when we are afraid of people using the democracy introduced by
it. (Too many options might be bad, but better having too many but to
less, as the first suggestor throw out the water tank as he suggested
everyone should drink salt water and there is enough of it...)

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link