Re: Discussion: Possible GR: Enhance requirements for General Resolutions

* Ben Finney [Fri, 02 Jan 2009 09:17:28 +1100]:

> > You should not write options you are not going to rank first,
> > because the people who do care about that option winning should get
> > to decide what's the wording that reflects their complete opinion
> > and concerns.

> The people who do care about such an option winning have at least as
> much freedom to decide as they did before the option was proposed.
> They can decide whether they want to propose their own wording, or to
> second the wording as already proposed, or anything else.

No. In my opinion, an option in the ballot is (should be) a very scarce
resource. Like you would in a situation of limited water supply in a
boat shared with friends, you should act responsibly and not consume one
unit unless painstakingly necessary.

This is, of course, my opinion, and you're welcome to disagree. Also,
I'll probably won't be interested in discussing this any further, so
please don't take my lack of answer to your next message as lack of
disagreement.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                                        Listening to: Vanessa-Mae - Doun