Re: Technical committee resolution

Ian Jackson wrote:
> The main symptom of the TC's brokenness is that it is not making
> decisions, or not making them fast enough.

Agreed.

> I haven't heard anyone suggest that the TC is actually making wrong
> decisions.

Well..

#104101: The TCs resolution that kernel sould have VESA fb compiled in
    was ignored by its maintainer, who instead waited for it to be fixed
    upstream so it could be built as a module.
#164591: The TC decided that md5sum </dev/null should not be "annotated" with
    "-". This must have been the wrong decision, since it was reversed
    in the TC's ruling on #341839
#413926: The TC decided wordpress should be shipped in etch, despite the
    security team's desire to not support it. The security team's tracker
    now lists 11 open security holes for the version in etch; the team
    has so far managed one DSA that closed 4 other holes.

--
see shy jo