Re: Bundled votes and the secretary

On Thu Dec 11 10:55, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'll echo Raphael's feelings about that ballot; it feels strange and
> voting on that one is going to be a mess. There are definitely some
> options that should be split into another vote.

On the other hand, I would like to say I am entirely happy with the way
that Manoj has handled the vote and do not see a problem with voting on
everything at once. This ballot is essentially deciding what to do with
Lenny with some justification behind the choices. I think that having
the 'outcomes' matrix on the website with the list of 'release/wait',
'permanent/temporary exception', 'delegate/don't delegate' for each
option.

As Julien has pointed out, choices 2 and 3 re not the same and that we
have precedent for the overriding options requiring 3:1.

However, I think retitling 5 to: "Assume firmware blobs are in source
form unless proven otherwise" is worthwhile as is retitling 1 to: "Delay
Lenny release until all DFSG issues are resolved".

I wouldn't say this is the secretary trying to skew anything, I just
think that it makes the meaning of the choices slightly clearer. If
people read the text below then it is clear.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson