Re: call for seconds: on firmware

On Sun, Nov 23 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>
>>         The release team is free to interpret the SC and decide there is
>>  no violation there (as long as they have a rationale, defensible
>>  position, etc). That would not violate the constitution.
>
> My understanding is that that's exactly what they did, and that's what my
> post was trying to say.  That would make FD mean N-N-R-N-N, yes?

        No. That would mean that FD *decided* it. That is not the case,
 FD leaves the decision to release in the hands of the release team
 (modulo the foundation documents), and they are allowed to change their
 minds. Hence, FD/? == RN decides the release schedule.

        manoj

--
"NASA Announces New Deck Chair Arrangement For Space Station Titanic."
Tom Neff