Re: Proposed wording for the SC modification

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 04:50:50PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Manoj Srivastava [Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:32:33 -0600]:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 17 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>
> > > * Josselin Mouette [Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:38:43 +0100]:

> > > Can the SC be modified without a second vote?
>
> >         I don't see why we need a second 3:1 vote on a foundation
> >  document after having a 3:1 vote that supersedes part of it.
>
> And who is going to modify it if the original vote does not include a
> wording?

Guys, I think this is not productive.  If the vote wins, it won't be by
chance, it will mean there's a 3:1 majority that supports this change.  At
that point, if the wording is contentious, you can always propose another
vote to resolve that.

And looking at what others (e.g. Peter) had to say about this, it seems the
position among those who support sourceless firmware is not unanimous.  This
would have to be resolved in some way, too.  Either with a new vote, or by
adding a new option to this ballot.

--
Robert Millan