Re: Defining free, and the DFSG's terminological shortcomings

Le Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:51:54AM +1100, Ben Finney a écrit :

> Is now a good time to propose such a GR?

I really do not think so. As you see, it creates discordance in the Project,
kills the fun, sinks energy, makes people asking for each other's heads and
starts a process that has many dead ends, like not having a release tea, or not
agreeing on voting an amendment on the SC after accepting a 3:1 option that
lets Lenny release. The supermajority madness is preparing a situation where
100 % of the developers are dissatisfied.

The whole anti-debate is a big disorganised pile of emails and many questions
were left unanswered. I still do not understand why it was possible to release
Etch without a supermajority if it is not the case for Lenny. Can each camp, in
particular the "release later" camp and the "supermajority" camp prepare a
synthethic document to help people vote ?

Have a nice day, if that is possible after having this thread for breakfast,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan