Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.
- From: Jurij Smakov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 00:54:22 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20081101005421.GA5682@droopy.oc.cox.net>
- In-reply-to: <20081031094230.GD1254@mx0.halon.org.uk>
- References: <20081024121543.GB21615@kunpuu.plessy.org> <20081027192843.GF1254@mx0.halon.org.uk> <20081031094230.GD1254@mx0.halon.org.uk>
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 09:42:30AM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 07:28:43PM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
> > As 2K developers have now seconded this GR, and the GR itself calls for
> > a suspension of a Delegate's decision, an immediate procedural vote is
> > called for if the decision is to stand while the GR process is followed,
> > as per 4.2.2 of the constitution.
> For reference, this will now not take place, as the original GR has been
> amended to not include the decision reversal text.
I find it mildly entertaining that this vote did not take place
because apparently it takes "a couple of days, [...] and sometimes
longer"  to set up an "immediate" vote. I'm sure there were
very good reasons  to not rush things in this particular case.
Jurij Smakov email@example.com
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/ KeyID: C99E03CC