Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

On Mon, Oct 27 2008, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> Why should we wait until next sunday? The constitution says:

        Because it takes time to set up a vote, and it requires
 attention from the vote taker at the beginning and end of the vote, and
 the times reflect the prep time required (one of the people who could
 ruin this vote is going away for a busness trip this week, and the
 other one is new at this task).

>   If the decision is put on hold, an immediate vote is held to determine
>   whether the decision will stand until the full vote on the decision is
>   made or whether the implementation of the original decision will be
>   delayed until then. There is no quorum for this immediate procedural
>   vote.
>
> 5 days sounds like a pretty strange definition of "immediate" ;)

        The work on the votig has started immediately , as far as I can
 see.  Vote setups normally take a couple of days, at the best of
 times -- and sometimes longer.

        Are you sure you know which color the bike shed should be
 painted?

        manoj
--
Truth has no special time of its own.  Its hour is now -- always. Albert
Schweitzer