Another one?

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> I hereby propose this alternate option/amendment and am asking for seconds.
>
> |   The Debian Project recognizes that many contributors to the project are not
> |   working withing established frameworks of Debian and thus are not provided by
> |   the project with as much help as might be possible, useful or required, nor
> |   opportunities to join the project.
> |
> |   We thank Joerg Jaspert for exploring ideas on how to involve contributors more
> |   closely with and within the project so that they can get both recognition and
> |   the necessary tools to do their work.
> |
> |   We realize that the proposal posted to the debian-devel-announce mailinglist is
> |   not yet finalized and may not have the support of a large part of our
> |   community. We invite the DAM and all the contributors to further develop their
> |   ideas in close coordination with other members of the project, and to present a
> |   new and improved proposal on the project's mailinglists in the future.
> |
> |   Significant changes should only be implemented after consensus within
> |   the project at large has been reached, or when decided by a general
> |   resolution.

So, we right now have an option that effectively stops the proposal as
it is at present.

I wonder if we should haven an option on the ballot that asks the DAM to
basically go forward with their idea, explicitly authorizing them to
merge the DM setup in to it?

I don't have a wording for this yet, but I could probably come up with
one if requested.

Opinions?