Re: Possible amendment for Debian Contributors concept

On 28/10/08 at 15:30 +0100, Martin Wuertele wrote:
> And if you really belief that Ganneff would implement something that
> gets such a disagreement from the community I smell a witch hunt rather
> than dislike of a proposal.

Initially, I just thought "OK, let's convince Ganneff to simply drop
those decisions, and turn that into a good basis for discussion." Since
then, I've asked him numerous times, directly or indirectly, to stop the
whole thing, by simply stating that he would wait for consensus, or a
vote, to decide on the exact changes to implement.

However, unfortunately, he hasn't been willing to do that in a clear,
unambiguous way. So yes, I'm starting to believe that it's possible that
Ganneff will continue to work on those decisions despite the large
disagreement about the process he followed.

We are in an ugly social deadlock now, but I still hope that we can find
a reasonable way out. If we can't, well, we will have to continue with
the GR.