Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, Robert Millan wrote:

>    4. We give priority to the timely release of Lenny over sorting every bit
>       out; for this reason, we will treat removal of sourceless firmware as a
>       best-effort process, and deliver firmware in udebs as long as it is
>       necessary for installation (like all udebs), and firmware included in
>       the kernel itself as part of Debian Lenny, as long as we are legally
>       allowed to do so, and the firmware is distributed upstream under a
>       license that complies with the DFSG.

Sorry, I fail to parse this.  You lost me somewhere around 'like all
udebs'.  Could you please explain this in something that does not try to
compete with german sentences in length? :)

(Also, isn't "we allow sourceless firmware ... as long as the license
complies with the DFSG" a no-op?)

Thanks,
Peter