Re: Q: All: Account creation latency

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 07:35:35AM +0000, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> We need to break that logic. I would like to talk with James and try to
> convince him to create accounts as they come. It's well known that small
> task (when they take less than 5 minutes) are usually best done "on the
> fly" instead of accumulating them. And if Joerg notices that accounts are
> created quickly, it will also help him process them more regularly instead
> of reviewing AM reports by batches.

  FWIW Reviewing an AM report and an application is nothing near a small
5 minutes task. I believe it's rather 30 minutes of work per applicant
if you do it seriously enough. Creating an account should though
(meaning I don't know if it is, but I see no valid technical reasons for
it not to be).
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit