Re: Q 2 all candidates: Usage of debian-announce@lists.d.o and debian-news@lists.d.o

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 11:11:47AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> > [...] there are plenty of journos interested in Debian who are
> > happy to talk to developers directly if they've got something newsworthy,
> > and we've all got the ability to start our own website or mailing list
> > with global reach -- the only thing we need to do is build a reputation
> > for posting interesting things in our own right, rather than making use
> > of the reputation Joey's built for -news or -announce. [...]
> > I think he deserves to have people working with him in the way he wants
> > rather than just having people given enough access that they can ignore
> > him and post whatever they want.
> And so, a dichotomy of Joey's way or no way is constructed needlessly?

No, the choice is Joey's way with the resources Joey's put together
through Joey's work, or your way with whatever you can put together
through your work.

I think one of the things that makes free software fun and interesting
is that you _can_ do things yourself; I don't know why we seem to get
so hung up on arguing about how much other people should do for us.

Getting in contact with press people is easy IME, fwiw.

Cheers,
aj