Re: Q 2 all candidates: Usage of debian-announce@lists.d.o and debian-news@lists.d.o

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 08:37:17PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:

>IMHO things like this could have been avoided by having a proper team
>behind press@d.o and those both mailing lists which is at least 4
>persons.
>
>How do you plan help the press team out here? Do you think a delegation
>of one person is enough for the press team this far?

I'd like to expand the press team somewhat. That's not because I think
Joey is necessarily doing a bad job, but I think a larger team would
be a good idea in general: increased bus factor; it would allow for
press releases being made even if Joey's on vacation (god forbid!);
etc.

Personally, I'd like to see us make more use of the -announce and
-news lists, but that's just my opinion. Maybe it's something we
should open up for wider debate to agree a policy. What do you think?

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...