Q 2 all candidates: Usage of debian-announce@lists.d.o and debian-news@lists.d.o

Hi,

[ Please don't CC me, i am reading d-vote actively ]

According to lists.debian.org, two of our current mailinglists have the
following use:

debian-news@lists.debian.org:

debian-announce@lists.debian.org:
| Important announcements
| Major news and very important changes in the project are announced here.
|
| All posts to this list are moderated.

Both mailing lists are currently moderated by only one person, Martin
'Joey' Schulze, who is the only one allowed to be posting there.

In the past, there have been several attempts e.g. by the release team
to send postings to one of those lists directly. In all cases this has
been rejected by Joey, in one case he altered the text in a way the
release team was not quite happy about the outcome.

The release team was not the only group who tried to send posts there; i
remember very well that a posting to d-news about Debian participation
in Googles Summer of Code 2006 was send out on May 8th 16:30 Central
European Summer Time), while Students were able to apply 'til May 8th
(17:00 Pacific Daylight Time). From what i know, is, that the draft for
this post sent to the press team much earlier.

IMHO things like this could have been avoided by having a proper team
behind press@d.o and those both mailing lists which is at least 4
persons.

How do you plan help the press team out here? Do you think a delegation
of one person is enough for the press team this far?

And to AJ:
In your mail "ajt's anti-rebuttal"[1] you have a whole paragraph about
"Bigger teams" and a whole paragraph about "Debian publicity". Do you
think you performed well in those both categories as DPL? What would you
do to "encourage the press to talk to other people in the project than
just the DPL" next year?

Greetings
Martin

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/03/msg00262.html