Re: Summary for the upload package rules GR

Julien Cristau schrieb:
> I fear you don't understand what "orthogonal" means.  This GR is neither
> a step in the "right" direction, nor a step in the "wrong" direction.
> It's completely unrelated to the issue of source-only uploads.

Maybe I just disagree with the independence between "don't allow
binary-only uploads" and "aim for source-only uploads". Forbidding
binary-only uploads *could* force us to improve our buildd net, which
would in turn bring us a step closer to source-only uploads.

After all I'd still prefer source-only uploads and don't see why I
should support the opposite, orthogonal or not.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org