Re: Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 10:41:49AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Aug 2007, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 03:37:15PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > > Seriously, could we have this change without voting?
> >
> > Indeed. Reducing our GR rate seems more important than changing the DPL
> > election process.
>
> I don't agree. I think quite the contrary. We often tend to not address
> issues and let them consume our energy in endless discussions. I believe
> that having GR is useful to re-forge ourselves a clearer identity.

  A GR is the poorest way to "agree" on anything. I think I'm not so
surprised to see you claim that, even after some not so old history.

  GRs do not unite, they divide. They divide the DDs in two: the one
the losers and the winners. And the identity you claim to forge, is just
the identity of the winning camp, not Debian's.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit