Re: Constitutional amendment: reduce the length of DPL election process

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 03:37:15PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Seriously, could we have this change without voting?
>
> Indeed. Reducing our GR rate seems more important than changing the DPL
> election process.

I don't agree. I think quite the contrary. We often tend to not address
issues and let them consume our energy in endless discussions. I believe
that having GR is useful to re-forge ourselves a clearer identity.

Of course, this administrative GR doesn't count as something that helps us
forge an identity. :)

> Minor GRs cause reduced interest from the electorate, resulting in less
> scrutiny. Dare I suggest that the end result is that "editorial changes"
> get passed?

I remember. And I think most people remember and will think twice before
voting. :-)

Raphaël Hertzog