Re: The Debian Maintainers GR

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 11:28:24AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> So propose something that implements it, rather than implementing
> something different and then saying we can change it later.  It's always
> easier to change things before they start.

At some point you have to actually start however. We've already had over
a year of changing things and doing nothing.

> You seem to believe this is a feature, but to me, this is a serious bug.
> If we're voting for the proposal on the basis that all it creates is a
> governance structure [...]

There isn't a governance structure. There's a keyring, a way of using it,
and a way that any DD can get people into it, and out of it. How that
ends up working out is something for Debian to work out in practice.

> I can see voting for something that says "we empower the DAM and FD to

People sure like giving the DAM and FD lots of power. I guess because
they've used it so effectively to date.

Cheers,
aj