Re: The Debian Maintainers GR

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) [070728 10:02]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > > How to integrate a concept of DM then?
> > > --------------------------------------
> > >
> > > First - by starting in the right area - getting it into the NM system by
> > > talking to all those involved. There is FrontDesk, DAM and also the
> > > NM-Committee, the latter should be the right point for a proposal and
> > > discussion.
> >
> > The day when the NM people are eager to integrate DM into NM, they can
> > discuss with the DM committee (it shouldn't be too difficult, they are
> > part of the DM committee).
>
> Oh crap. Why invent new comittees in the first place? And BTW, why don't
> speak with DAM/FD/NM-committee first, before starting new things?
> Rewirting from scratch is mostly not a good idea.

Why are you setting up a buildd network not handled by the buildd admins
and by DSA ? (No need to reply, it's just to show you the parallel)

I'm sorry, we discuss ideas and plans openly. If the people feel that it
should be of the resort of their team, they should join the discussion and
convince people to work together.

Having to beg people to participate, in particular when they are in the
existing power positions, is not something that we should defend further,
and not something that we should generalize.

I have done enough of that myself with various Debian teams.

Raphaël Hertzog