Re: Re:%20Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 09:32:59AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > The easiest way to avoid that problem would be to require a new field in
> > the package "DM-Upload: okay" to allow DM uploads, as well as an entry
> > in the Maintainer:/Uploaders: field. [...]
> Agreed. However, you need to check that field on the latest version in the
> target suite of the upload and not in the .dsc upload.

The proposal was to check based the Maintainer/Uploader field of the
previous .dsc upload to unstable/experimental, and presumably doing the
same thing for the DM-Upload-Allowed: field (or whatever it's called).

> (This doesn't address the case of multiple DM listed in Uploaders but it's
> certainly not a case that I'd worry about)

It doesn't allow for some people to be listed in the "Maintainer:" or
"Uploaders:" field of a "DM-Upload: okay" package who aren't allowed to
maintain and upload the package...

Cheers,
aj