Re: Re:%20Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 10:22:48AM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> > * Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [070625 20:45]:
> > > You're already doing that in the sense that
> > > uploading such a package already instructs the BTS to forwards filed
> > > bugs to that person.
> > For that there luckily is pts subscription available. (So those bugs
> > cannot be hidden by closing them before I see them in the sponsored
> > section on my qa.debian.org/developer.php list).
> > At least for me the current proposal would make deciding to sponsor
> > something much harder.
>
> The easiest way to avoid that problem would be to require a new field in
> the package "DM-Upload: okay" to allow DM uploads, as well as an entry
> in the Maintainer:/Uploaders: field. That way sponsoring as is currently
> done means exactly what it currently means, but adding an extra field
> to the control file allows the non-DD maintainer to upload directly.

Agreed. However, you need to check that field on the latest version in the
target suite of the upload and not in the .dsc upload.

(This doesn't address the case of multiple DM listed in Uploaders but it's
certainly not a case that I'd worry about)

Raphaël Hertzog