Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal - Use Cases

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 10:58:13PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > Notes: package should generally be co-maintained by sponsor and non-DD
> >   maintainer, with the non-DD maintainer doing most of the work
>   If you restrict this use case to that specific case, then you won't
> have a lot of candidates, or worse fake ones. I co-maintain about ... 0
> packages I sponsor, and I believe it's often the case.

I don't really understand that comment -- you at least take a cursory
glance over every upload you make, presumably recompile the packages, and
are available to offer help with the package, and you're held ultimately
responsible by the project for all those uploads -- that seems a lot
more involvement than co-maintenance actually needs to involve, to me.

Cheers,
aj