Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal - Use Cases

OoO En  cette nuit nuageuse du  mercredi 27 juin 2007,  vers 01:06, Paul
Cager <paul-debian@home.paulcager.org> disait:

> I'm a fairly active (non-DD) member of the Java Packaging team, and I
> also maintain a couple of non-Java packages. Although I'm starting to
> become reasonably skilled at Java packaging, I'm far from ready to apply
> for NM. For example I don't know all of the details about packaging C
> libraries, or Perl etc., and (since I am concentrating on Java
> packaging) I do not currently have a desire to learn about these areas
> of packaging. It's a "depth-of-knowledge" versus "breadth-of-knowledge"
> thing.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that DD have to be able to package any
language program. Pickup  your favorite DD and you  will see that either
he  doesn't know how  to package  a Java  program or  he doesn't  how to
package a Perl program or...
--
Avoid temporary variables.