Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> writes:
> like that culture. As a matter of fact, I'd be offended if someone would
> conclude that I underwrite e.g. flamewars because I'm a DD.

Let me take a not-entirely hypothetical example. Let's suppose that
the DAM's have decided to expel a developer who is socially disruptive
but technically very adept. A group of developers are unhappy with the
expulsion and they start a GR to reinstate the expelled developer. The
GR goes through.

Now, we would have a very clear statement from the project saying that
it is OK to be a social idiot if you are technically competent enough.
If I wouldn't resign, I would feel like I'd too support the decision,
even if I voted against it.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *