Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 07:15:59PM +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> > The time involvement required to be DD is far bigger to the one required
> > to be able to maintain properly a single package. And I don't want to

> Could you explain how the "time involvement required to be DD" for
> a person who only wants to maintain one package is higer when they
> are a DD contrary to not being a DD?  Please ignore going through NM
> since this is only the entry process and doesn't matter at a later stage.

In addition to the practical issues that Raphael raises a number of
people have expressed a desire to maintian packages (and otherwise be
involved in the technical side of Debian) without having any involvement
in the political side of Debian.  It's true that people can always just
ignore these things but some people feel a sense of obligation to take
part in them and are more comfortable with a status that explicitly
excludes doing that.