Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
>> Il giorno gio, 21/06/2007 alle 17.37 +0200, Bastian Venthur ha scritto:
>>> So, why such a complicated GR introducing second class DDs? Just grant a
>>> few more rights to our NMs and try to improve the NM process in the long
>>> run and everybody will be happy.
>> Esquisitely true.

> In short, this DM status is complementary to NM. It's not working around
> any deficiency in the NM process.

I really doubt that. If I read Anthony's links he have in his GR
proposal, it all sounds very much like a workaround for the problems
with our NM process. Especially the second one "Reforming the NM process".

And the main question is is still open: Why do we need this DM status?
Which problem does it solve, if not the ones with our NM process?

I think Anthony should have give those reasons directly in his proposal,
so that people like me who don't know what he's trying to solve don't
have to guess.

Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org