Re: Sven, GNAA, Dunc-Tank, and all the other distractions

[Syd Alsobrook]
> I have been a Sys Admin for just about ten years now.
[...]

Let me see if I can summarize your post.

You're not directly involved in Debian, you describe yourself as a
lurker, yet you're reading debian-vote when there isn't even a vote or
a vote proposal pending.  And, in fact, starting a new thread on
debian-vote which has nothing to do with any voting issue.

You think there is a problem with Debian, but you don't know what it
is.  You don't have any idea what Sven did, and you don't know anything
about Sam and GNAA.  As for Debian's problem, you don't have "even a
remote clue of how to fix it" (not surprising, if you don't even know
what the problem is), but somehow you know that the solution involves
"open honest communication."

Moreover, the issues that you know nothing about are mere "skirmishes"
or "distractions", and you think we need to "move on from here".  Which
is to say, enough with the "open honest communication".

Did I get that about right?

> I remember a time when Debian was like a family, maybe it is more so
> now just a dysfunctional one.

I hope not.  People who seek a work environment where everyone is "like
a family" scare me a bit.  I want colleagues, not brothers and sisters.