Sven, GNAA, Dunc-Tank, and all the other distractions

Hello all,
I have been a Sys Admin for just about ten years now. I setup my first Linux
box in the spring of 1997 while I was working at a Netware and Windows shop.
At the time I tried Redhat, Slackware, and Debian. It was a true case of
Goldilocks, Debian fit just right. I have used Debian at home and work ever
since. What does this have to do with my subject nothing really which is my
point. All of these are distractions.

Over the years I have watch various skirmishes come and go. I try not to pay
too much attention to any of them. I am a lurker so I tend not to get too
involved. I have always thought the Debian had the best group of people in
the community and although a lurker I promote Debian whenever possible mostly
because of the people.

Sadly there is a problem with Debian, but I am not involved enough to have
even a remote clue of how to fix it. However a solution can be found through
open honest communication. I truly have no idea what Sven did, I am not sure
I really care at this point. Is Sam associated with GNAA I don't care either
and does it really matter? Dunc-Tank might have been a good idea, bad timing
and poor implementation. The point being is that we need to move on from here
and get it all out in the open from now on.

I remember a time when Debian was like a family, maybe it is more so now just
a dysfunctional one.

Syd
--
Protect your privacy. http://www.gnupg.org

"I may despise what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to
say it."
-- Voltaire