Question for all candidates, was: Google SoC 2007 - we're in, sign up quickly!

Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> wrote:
> Looks like Google is really everywhere these days. I'm curious about
> SoC: What where the last year's Debian projects and what was there
> outcome? Which projects where successful and which failed?

Excellent questions!

Steve McIntyre wrote in "Bits from the 2IC" last September:

  "The Google Summer of Code[0] is over, and final reports have been
  submitted. Most of our students worked well right up to (and in some
  cases beyond) the end of the summer, and hopefully we'll see some
  useful results from their projects coming to light soon. Expect a
  more detailed summary of what was achieved, coming soon to a d-d-a
  list near you."
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/09/msg00009.html

but after that, I didn't find another search result until he mentioned
the 2007 marketing campaign.  Is this the sort of "fire and forget"
reporting that we would expect if Steve McIntyre were elected DPL?

How would other candidates avoid dropping topics like this? [cc'd to
-vote for these questions, please drop -project or -vote on replies]

By the way, http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2006 has links to some
project materials, but not the reports AFAICS.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef