Re: Question for all candidates, was: Google SoC 2007 - we're in, sign up quickly!

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:22:40AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

>  "The Google Summer of Code[0] is over, and final reports have been
>  submitted. Most of our students worked well right up to (and in some
>  cases beyond) the end of the summer, and hopefully we'll see some
>  useful results from their projects coming to light soon. Expect a
>  more detailed summary of what was achieved, coming soon to a d-d-a
>  list near you."
>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/09/msg00009.html
>
>but after that, I didn't find another search result until he mentioned
>the 2007 marketing campaign.

First of all, your arbitrary dislike of Google is well-enough known
already; it has no place in this forum.

>Is this the sort of "fire and forget" reporting that we would expect
>if Steve McIntyre were elected DPL?

Maybe; I'm human and I make mistakes from time to time. In this case,
I got very busy on a lot of other fronts shortly afterwards and the
follow-up about the SoC dropped off my radar. Sorry.

As people that work with me know, I always appreciate friendly
reminders of items of work outstanding. Using them as ambush questions
six months later is rather less helpful.

"When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb." -- Steven M. Haflich