Re: Question for Sam Hocevar

This one time, at band camp, Sam Hocevar said:
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2007, Stephen Gran wrote:
>
> > I am a little curious at a disjuncture I see between your platform and
> > some of your actions, and I am hoping you can explain.  In your platform,
> > you speak of the power of working in groups to get things done, and yet
> > you mock others efforts regularly in your blog.  Can you explain to me
> > why I should expect your behavior as DPL to be more helpful than your
> > previous behavior?
>
>    I have been contributing to Debian for about 8 years, and mocking the
> delay and the decisions of the release team for about 3 weeks (11/30 to
> 12/20). You have every right to call this "regular", but if you do I
> am afraid I don't know how I may convince you that this was something
> isolated, especially if you already read my answer to Steve on the very
> same subject.

I was actually referring both to that and to your "this is how much I
care" comment about bubulle's translation posts.  Admittedly, you did
say you thought it was useful work, but only after mocking it first.

> > On a similar note, I find it a bit jarring that you find the GNAA an
> > acceptable group to work with.  You appear to be directly associated with
> > http://www.lastmeasure.com/, and many of the svn check ins are from a
> > person named 'sam', who I assume must be you.  While the pictures are
> > the usual juvenile silliness, the name is actually fairly offensive.
> > Is this just a linguistic problem, or do you actually find it acceptable
> > to insult people this way?  Is this sort of racism something you find
> > acceptable for the role of DPL?
>
>    Maybe it is just a linguistic problem. Is it "last" that you find
> offensive or is it "measure"?

Was that a purposeful attempt to dodge the GNAA question, or did you not
understand the question?