Re: Question to the candidates: inclusion of the kFreeBSD-* ports

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 05:17:01PM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> The kFreeBSD ports are now in a good enough shape to be included in
> unstable. Aur?lien Jarno got ftpmaster's approval for that during an
> informal conversation at debconf5 [1] but so far, there's been no
> progress on this front.

http://wiki.debian.org/ArchiveQualification/kfreebsd-i386

seems to list under three DDs actively involved in the port, about 40
systems in total using it, and 20% of the archive unbuildable.

I don't really see how it would benefit from being added to the archive,
tbh: it looks like a niche distribution that's working fine as it is.

Personally, due to things like [0], I tend to think having different
sources for different OSes is likely to make sense; which isn't something
we can manage with the main archive as it stands.

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/06/msg00012.html