SElinux and GNU/kFreeBSD or GNU/Hurd

Hi fellow Developers,

Since the Sarge release, I have seen a lot of uploads that add SElinux
support. It seems one of the targets of Etch is to have the maximum of
SElinux enabled packages.

While I find it is a real improvement, it causes some problems with the
GNU/kFreeBSD and GNU/Hurd ports as SElinux is Linux specific. The aim of
this mail is to explain you how to correctly support these ports.

If you have a package that depends on libselinux1-dev or if you intend
to upload such a package, please find below the correct way(tm) to add
SElinux support:

* debian/control or debian/control.in (or even debian.control.in.in)
  Change
    libselinux1-dev
  into
    libselinux1-dev [ !hurd-i386 !kfreebsd-i386 ]

* debian/rules
  Add the following lines:
    DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM	?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM)
    ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM),linux)
      selinux := --with-selinux
    endif

  Change
    ./configure --arg1 --arg2 --with-selinux
  into
    ./configure --arg1 --arg2 $(selinux)

This would make the porter's work easier and if it could be done when
the SElinux support is added, it would save a bug report and a new
upload.

Thanks in advance,
Aurelien

 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer