Re: Question to the candidates: inclusion of the kFreeBSD-* ports

On 2/27/07, Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org> wrote:
Hi DPL candidates,

The kFreeBSD ports are now in a good enough shape to be included in
unstable. Aurélien Jarno got ftpmaster's approval for that during an
informal conversation at debconf5 [1] but so far, there's been no
progress on this front.

Since then, the SCC split happened and ftp-master moved to ries, so
adding more architectures to the archive is no longer a problem, AIUI.

Hence, what is your position on including those new, non-Linux ports ?
What would the timeframe be like, according to you ?
(...)

Hi Julien,

I care a lot about the kfreebsd-* ports, i've been around #debian-bsd
since the OpenBSD port was still being worked on, but due to time
constraints i wasn't too helpful since then. With that in mind, i
wrote the answer for your question almost a month ago in the second
paragraph of my platform that you will be able to read soon. In a few
words: After elected, i'll do my best to push kfreebsd-* to be
officially released together with Lenny.

I think with the milestone above in mind, and also considering a goal
based release schedule (more on the subject on my platform), we will
have enough time to add the arches to the archive and work on the
pending bugs.

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com