Re: GR proposal - Restricted-media amendments to the DFSG

Raul Miller wrote:
> I was not convinced by this "rebuttal".

Nevertheless, neither of us would be made happy by a detailed
repeat of it on -vote. You'd remain unconvinced and I'd be
annoyed by the lost time.

> Furthermore, I'm not sure what issue(s) you feel references are needed
> on.

The drafters' intentions and beliefs as to what is actually
covered by the prohibition, not just its primary target.

[...]
> I will agree that the GFDL does contain a prohibition on using certain
> copy control measures in certain contexts, but I see no reason to
> agree that it was written to prohibit all copy control measures.

Maybe it's enough to agree that the boundary is unclear.

Please do not cc me if you send to -vote, or at least mark it as a cc!

Sincerely,
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/