Re: DFSG4 and combined works

* Anton Zinoviev [Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:18:59PM +0200]:
> > > The strong point of the second notion of freedom is that 1. this
> > > freedom is all we need for practical purposes (thats why FSF holds
> > > this notion of freedom) and 2. this is the status quo in Debian.
> >
> > The problem with this second notion is that "practical purposes" is
> > ill-defined.
>
> What do you mean by "ill-defined"?

I mean that what you mean by "practical purposes" is not necessarily
the same as what I do. Most objections to the GFDL have been backed up
by what the objectors to the GFDL consider practical purposes. I think
that what purposes I consider practical is key to define what I
consider free, and that "all the freedom we need for practical
purposes" is a mere restatement of the obvious.

Hope I made it clearer now. It seems to me I'm more or less
paraphrasing things that have already been said here, so I'll stop
now.