Re: Anton's amendment

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 09:21:58AM -0800, Mike Bird wrote:

> It seems to me that there an awful lot of potential *practical*
> problems with invariant sections in documents.
>
> They may contain outdated, narrow, or even dangerous advice or
> code examples.  For example: code fragments written against
> obsolete APIs in other packages, scripts which work with standard
> dev but not with udev, or insecure methods of temp file creation.

GFDL doesn't allow these to be part of an invariant section.  All
invariant sections are required to be secondary sections and the
secondary sections deal exclusively with the relationship of the
publishers or authors to Document's overall subject (or related
matters).  The secondary sections may not contain anything that could
fall directly within that overall subject.  Acording to the license
the relationship could be a matter of historical connections, of
legal, commercial, philosophical, ethical or political position.

Anton Zinoviev