Re: {SPAM} Re: Anton's amendment

Em Sex, 2006-02-03 às 11:43 +0200, Anton Zinoviev escreveu:
> If GPL didn't contain the clause we are discussing then you
> would say that a license with such clause is non-free.

I still don't know why you think this GPL clause has something to do
with invariant sections...

GPL only says: "to print or display an announcement including an
appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or
else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may
redistribute the program under these conditions, and telling the user
how to view a copy of this License."

This only says I must include a copyright notice, a warranty notice and
a where-to-get-the-license notice. And *doesn't say I must present them
in the same way the original author did, and not even with the same
text*...

Even if the original author popped up a dialog box with a long text
asking the user to press OK, I still can display 3 lines (that's all
needed to satisfy this clause) with an text by myself in a splash
screen. And only if it's an interative program. There is nothing here
that looks like invariant sections.

daniel