Re: {SPAM} Re: Anton's amendment

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 01:07:50PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> > Except that the GPL already explicitly precludes modifications of
> > this type (not this scope, but this type, mind you), and our
> > foundation documents consider the GPL a free license.
>
>         A difference in degree is still a difference.

OK.  You can see that your interpretation of GFDL3 is absurd and
impossible and that is the only reason why you are accepting this
"degree".  If GPL didn't contain the clause we are discussing then you
would say that a license with such clause is non-free.  This makes
more than evident that you don't have steady notion for "free
software".  Nevertheless you are trying to impose on Debian your
_current_ notion for "free software".

Anton Zinoviev